Synthetic plant growth regulator “Melafen”
Russian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry named after A. Arbuzov of Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences
8 Arbuzov Str., Kazan, 420088, Russian Federation
Tel. +7 (843) 227-40-12, fax: +7 (843) 227-40-12
Melaphene in agriculture
Melaphene is used for pre-seeding treatment of a wide range of crops in the form of aqueous solutions with a concentration of 1 • 10-8 - 1 • 10-7%. The use of Melaphene increases the yield by 12-18% and improves the quality of the yield.
For over 10 years Melaphene has been tested widely in various regions of the Russian Federation, as well as in Bulgaria on a variety of white straw crops, pulse crops, oil-plants, feed crops, and green crops. In all the cases, there has been marked its high efficiency at very low cost. The tests of 2006-2008 in Kuban showed that despite the difficult climatic conditions (drought) Melaphene in all the cases led to an increase in yield:
Along with the increase in yield increases the quality of products.
Rice: reduction of hoodness (from 18.1 to 16.2 %) and fissuring (from 3.0 to 1.0 %), increase in vitreousness from 84.5 % to 90.5. Treatment of rice seeds with Melaphene leads to improved survival of plants.
Soybeans: oil content increases from 21.7 to 22.9 %, yield of oil increases from 410 to 510 kg/ha.
Sunflower: yield of oil increases from 800 to 900 kg/ha.
With white straw crops there has been marked an increase in gluten content (by absolute 1-3 %) and protein, nitrogen (by relative 8-11%) while reducing the content of nitrates and heavy metals (by relative 3-8%), resulting in an environmentally friendly products.
Melaphene exhibits anti-stress properties increasing the resistance of plants to adverse factors (drought, frost). Alongside with the increase of yield increases the quality of the resulting products.
Melaphene is a low toxic, genetically safe agent (hazard class IV) which has been confirmed by relevant documents.
The synthetic plant growth regulator “Melaphene” has been awarded gold and silver medals at various Russian and international exhibitions.
- Archimedes, Moscow, 2004
- EUREKA-2004, Brussels, Belgium
- IENA-2005, Nuremberg, Gemany
- EUREKA-2006, Brussels, Belgium
- Jeneva-2005, Geneva, Switzerland
Melaphene is protected by the patents of the Russian Federation:
- Number 2158735 “Melamine salt of bis(hydroxymethyl)phosphinic acid (Melafen) as a regulator of plant growth and development and preparation method”,
- Number 2354105 “Method for pre-seeding treatment of sunflower seeds”,
- Number 2354106 “Method of pre-seeding treatment of rice”,
- Number 2390984 “Method for increasing oil content in soybean seeds”,
- Number 2174555 “Method of production of ajmalin”
- Number 2394100 “Method of production of alkaloids”,
- Number 2323972 “Melafen as a growth regulator to increase the accumulation of berberine in cell culture Low meadowrue”,
- Number 2355488 “Method of biological treatment of soil for oil pollution”,
- Number 2297777 “Method of green corn silage”,
- Number 2445275 “Method of intensification of biological wastewater treatment”.
- Trademarks are protected by certificates number 236896 and number 236897